Criminal Defense Attorneys
Defense Attorneys in Mount Vernon, WA
Uncompromising Support to Defend Your Rights and Freedom
Being arrested or accused of a crime is a stressful experience. You face the risk of prison time, fines, and a criminal record that can affect your future employment, housing, and educational opportunities, and impede certain other rights, depending on the nature of your conviction.
At Mountain Law, our experienced criminal defense lawyers will protect your rights, interests, and freedoms. We have dedicated our careers to protecting the lives and reputations of people facing criminal charges in Mount Vernon and throughout the surrounding communities in Skagit County. With thousands of cases handled, our team knows how a persuasive and zealous defense strategy can result in a favorable outcome, such as charges being dropped, the case being dismissed, a reduced sentence, or an acquittal at trial.
If you or a loved one has been arrested, contact Mountain Law today to schedule a free consultation.
Personalized Criminal Defense Solutions
Our legal team understands the stress you are going through, and we are on your side. We firmly believe in the constitutional right of “innocent until proven guilty,” and we will treat you with the compassion, decency, and offer the personal support you need to help make it through these challenging times.
We represent individuals accused of a full range of crimes, including:
- Domestic violence: These charges can be filed against you when a person with whom you have an intimate relationship accuses you of committing an act of violence. A conviction carries heavy penalties, including jail or prison time, mandated treatment programs, a restraining order restricting you from entering your own home, and the inability to possess a firearm. We take on these cases with the understanding that there are two sides to every story – we want to hear yours.
- DUI: If you were pulled over by law enforcement and arrested for driving under the influence, it is important to retain legal counsel as soon as possible. The penalties imposed, even in a first offense, can include time in jail or electronic home monitoring (EHM), fines and fees up to $5,000, and license suspension. The penalties increase dramatically for a second, third, fourth, or subsequent conviction. Don’t take chances with your rights – call Mountain Law.
- Drug crimes: State lawmakers have passed laws to impose heavy penalties for many drug crimes, including trafficking, distribution, offenses involving minors, and many others. Our goal is to reduce the damage and the threat to your freedom by seeking an acquittal, dismissed charge, dropped charge, or a treatment program rather than incarceration.
- Violent crimes: If you have been accused of assault, weapon-related charges, murder, robbery, or another violent crime, retain an attorney who will support you from start to finish.
- Theft crimes: Whether you’ve been accused of shoplifting or armed robbery, theft accusations should not be taken lightly. With a full-time investigator on staff, we know how to gather and analyze the evidence against you in order to build a strong defense on your behalf.
Whether you are facing a misdemeanor or a felony charge, or if you have a warrant taken out against you, the importance of retaining a lawyer cannot be understated. It is your right to have an attorney present to avoid self-incrimination. It is also true that the justice system can be incredibly complex and hard to navigate. Trusting your case to an experienced professional is the best way to safeguard your future and your freedom.
Why Choose Mountain Law?
When it comes to choosing a criminal defense attorney, you need someone with a detailed understanding of the legal procedures in Washington, the strategies prosecutors employ and how to challenge them, and the trial experience it takes to achieve a favorable case outcome. At Mountain Law, our legal team has the combined experience that comes from having handled thousands of cases – there is little we haven’t handled. We also understand that each case is unique and requires a tailored approach. We will work with you to develop a comprehensive defense strategy that is tailored to your specific circumstances, taking the time to thoroughly review your case, evaluate the evidence, and advise you of your legal options. We have the drive, tenacity, and dedication to aggressively defend you in court.
Call us today at (360) 641-7477 to schedule a free initial consultation.